For a Masters program, your tuition fees for the colleges in the US can vary from $10,000 - $90,000 and more. However, there are many ways to obtain financial aid and if not, there are simpler ways to recover from the money you invest into your education. The first thing you should do when applying for scholarship is to reach out to the colleges and enquiring about their scholarships and grants. Schools like MIT (Scholarships worth $39,339), Johns Hopkins University (Scholarships worth $35,195), Northwestern University (Scholarships worth $34,882), and many others offer various scholarships for international students. There are many helpful blogs that tell you all about the financial aid for studying abroad. I got my info from this blog- 'How to fund your education abroad'. You can take a look if you wish. Hope the answer helped!
Best posts made by Nikhil fernandes
RE: How can a normal student afford and apply for Masters in USA?
RE: GRE Prep Material
You can always study from the ETS guide. They have sample papers, too.
But if you want free GRE material for your test prep...well
You can download the test at the end of this page - https://ischoolconnect.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-gre/
RE: On Campus Vs Off Campus
Choosing between On-campus and Off-campus can be tough. Usually Off Campus accommodations are cheaper as you can share a room/house with other people and on-campus costs more because universities tend to charge higher and provide better amenities. However, this may differ from university to university. On-Campus accommodations usually range from $800-$3000. These usually depend upon the universities, and you can check it out on their websites. For off-campus accommodation there are rentals and home stays. At rentals, you can get roommates to share your financial burdens. At home stays, you can get a homely feel as you get to stay with a family and you will get to know their culture . For more information you can checkout this blog it will give you more information about this https://ischoolconnect.com/blog/international-student-accommodation-options/ "
RE: What are the universities with the lowest tuition fees for Masters in Australia?
Your tuition fees depend upon a lot of factors such as the program and the courses that you opt for. For example, the fees for studying medicine in Australia and the fees for other masters courses differ greatly. Approximately, the tuition fees for most Masters courses are between 20,000 AUD to 37,000 AUD. While the tuition fees for high-value courses like Medicine can be between 33,000 AUD to 44,000 AUD. So based on what courses you want, the tuition fees can differ. But there are many universities that offer scholarships to international students. So you could search for that as well.
RE: Dilema as to what colleges prefer, B.tech scores or M.Tech scores?
Universities in the U.S will consider both, your M.Tech as well as B.Tech scores before they decide to give you admission in their colleges. When you apply to universities for MS in USA, already having a Masters degree and applying for a second one definitely boosts your profile and increases your chances of getting into the university of your choice. If you need suggestions on which universities to apply for MS in USA, take a look at this blog- https://ischoolconnect.com/blog/top-universities-for-ms-in-usa/
RE: Can someone pls tell me somethings about how to write the perfect essay for university?
Your statement of purpose(SOP) is a very important part of your university application. So here are a few things to keep in mind when rules that you should follow when you write your SOP:
- Don't boast of brag in your SOP.
- Try and make sure your content is to-the-point
- Make sure that if you're talking about accomplishments, you have some proof to back them up
- You must have a strong introduction so that it can captivate the reader and help you get selected
- Make sure to not write your SOPat the last minute because it can seem a little rushed
These are just a few points that I can think of. There are many other important writing points that you need to keep in mind when you write this. I read about all this in this blog about 'Mistakes to avoid while writing an SOP' (https://ischoolconnect.com/blog/5-mistakes-avoid-writing-powerful-statement-of-purpose/)
You should check it out!
pages:account/latest-posts, Nikhil fernandes
RE: TOEFL Integrated task pattern
For this task, you will have to read a short passage, listen to a 2-minute lecture about the same topic, and write a response to what you read and listened to
You will have 20 minutes to complete this task
Here are a few tips to finish this on time
RE: TOEFL Independent sample questions?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Human activity is making the earth a worse place to live. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- Some people like to travel with a companion. Other people prefer to travel alone. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.
RE: TOEFL Integrated writing tips
The ideal way to solve this problem is to take notes-
- Start by reading the passage, slowly.
- Since it’s a short passage, the amount of time allotted will be more than enough.
- As you read each para, write down one sentence (of 4-5 words) describing what you learned from that paragraph.
- Do this for the entire passage.
- When you’re listening to the audio, again make notes.
- Write down the primary points leading the argument in the recording.
- When it’s time to start writing, take a few seconds.
- Collate all your points and structure your answer.
RE: At-home GRE equipment requirements
GRE online exam equipment requirements-
- If you have a desktop or a laptop with Windows installed, you’re good to go.
- Make sure you use Chrome or Firefox for browsing and install the ETS Test Browser on your system. This is the browser where the test will be taken.
- Once you’ve set up the ETS Test Browser, add the ProctorU extension to your browser and run a ProctorU System Check.
- Since you won’t be allowed to use headsets or earphones, make sure you have an internal or external microphone and speakers.
- An in-built camera or a webcam will also be needed so that you can show a 360-degree view of your room to the proctor.
- You can also use your phone camera to show your room.
RE: How do I register for the at-home TOEFL
The TOEFL online registration procedure is this –
Go to the “My TOEFL” homepage, select “Register”, and then “Find Test Centers”
On the “Find Test Centers and Dates” page, select the option for the “Special Home Edition” test
Make the standard payment of $180
Within a day, ProctorU will send you a log-in link, along with instructions to create an account and select the date and the time for your test
RE: GMAT online white board rules
For taking notes during the exam, students are allowed to use a physical whiteboard, an online whiteboard, or both.
If you decide to use a physical whiteboard, it should be no bigger than 12 x 20 inches.
You can use 2 erasable markers and one whiteboard eraser during the test.
You will have access to an online whiteboard throughout the exam. All you have to do is click on the whiteboard icon in the top navigation bar of your GMAT exam screen.
The good thing about this is that you won’t have to erase your notes.