Ireland Visa procedure?

  • What's the procedure and what all documents will I need for it?

  • Hi Sid,

    If you are from EU/EEA, Switzerland, or belong to one of the countries on this list, you don’t need to apply for a Student Visa. Otherwise, you will need a Student Visa.
    In case your course duration is less than 90 days, you’ll have to apply for a ‘C Study Visa.’ If it’s more than that, I suggest you go for the ‘D Study Visa.’
    Once you know which visa type you have to apply for, you can visit the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) website and start your process.

  • For documents, you will need-
    A letter of acceptance from a recognized school, college or university confirming that you have been accepted into a full-time course
    Evidence of your academic and English language ability
    Confirmation that course fees have been paid in full
    Proof that you have sufficient funds (usually €7,000) to support yourself during your stay
    Evidence that you or a sponsor have access to at least €7,000 for each subsequent year of your studies
    Verification of private medical insurance or EHIC possession
    An explanation of any gaps in your educational history
    Evidence of academic ability to pursue your chosen course
    Confirmation of your intent to return to your home country after leaving Ireland
    Two recent passport-sized photographs
    A passport which is valid for at least six months after the course will end As a mandatory condition, your passport needs to be valid for 12 months i.e., after your proposed date of arrival in Ireland